Friday, January 8, 2010

Ideas

So today we had the designer presentations and man did the ideas start flowing. All the designers had their own unique style and had something to offer. Though, there were definitely better and worse designers. But, the point is it gave me lots of ideas to use for my projects. First of all I decided what type I think I'm going to use for each material. Wood: table lamp, Paper: hanging lamp, and metal: floor lamp.

I also came up with certain words/ideas that I want to incorporate into my designs: Simple, movement, shadow, passion, tension, building an environment, pulley system for hanging lamp (like what they use for the pool table chalk at the Mcmenamins Pub in Portland), using venire, redirecting light, layered, and multiple sockets.

I'm  becoming more and more excited as the project moves forward and look forward to posting some of my sketches and ideas soon. Until next time, think abstractly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment